Complies with mandatory supervisor training requirements in California and Connecticut.
Powerful, engaging 2-hour “edutainment”-style video-based compliance training for Manager & Supervisors features a high-powered attorney, dynamic facilitators, and professional actors. Riveting, realistic, entertaining, issue-packed scenes bring the learning to life in living color.
– Modular video content + integrated quizzes after each module.
– English and fully dubbed Spanish online courses for one affordable price!
– Covers all forms of harassment.
– We can insert your policy and quiz questions about it and require employees to confirm they have read and understood the policy before the training proceeds.
Industry-specific versions of our Manager & Supervisor Harassment Training available for:
- Hospitality/Food & beverage
- Colleges and Universities
Custom Policy Module:
- CA AB1825 requires confirmation your harassment policy has been read and understood as part of the mandatory training.
- We can insert your policy and quiz questions about it, and require acknowledgment before moving forward in the course.
- Employees are required to confirm they have read and understood the policy before the training proceeds.
Course topics include (but not limited to):
- Definitions and examples:
– Harassment: Quid pro quo and Hostile Environment physical, verbal and visual
– Abusive conduct
- State and Federal laws
- Protected Categories
- Consequences of discrimination and harassment
- Supervisory responsibilities and liability:
– Knew or should have known
– Immediate & appropriate action
- Employee complaint procedure
- Bystander reporting
- Intent vs. Impact
- Reasonable person standard
- Workplace romance; favoritism
- Consenting vs. Welcome
- Power abuse and intimidation
- 3rd-party non-employees, e.g. contractors, clients, vendors, and temps
- Off-site work-related activities
- Cross-cultural conflict
- Gender identity/expression and sexual orientation
- Potential for violence
- Social media and technology
- Workplace bullying
- The importance of documentation
- Personal liability
- Diversity in the workplace
- AND MUCH MORE……
Companies doing business in California with 50 or more employees (including full-time, part-time, and temporary) or contractors must provide supervisors in California with two hours of sexual harassment training every two years in accordance with AB 1825. The 50-employee threshold is met even if most employees and contractors work outside of California. New supervisors must be trained within 6 months from hire or promotion date, and every two years thereafter.
What does Connecticut 46a-54-200 require?
Employers having 50 or more employees must provide two hours of training and education to all supervisors and to new supervisors within six months of assuming the supervisory position.
EEOC / U.S. Supreme Court “Effective Training Standard” compliance
Our powerful, clear, comprehensive “edutainment”-style courses meet guidelines set out by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the U.S. Supreme Court “Effective Training Standard”. Meeting the “Effective Training Standard” may offer protection from punitive damages in the case of a lawsuit by a current or former employee!
Manager & Supervisor Sexual Harassment Training Compliance Training Checklist
|Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)|
|Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)|
|Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 including (ADEA):|
|National Origin Discrimination/Harassment|
|Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)|
|Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)|
|California AB 1825 Training|
|California AB 2053 Training|
|California SB 396 Training|
|CT CHRO Act|